Hello all, through several searches for images that I have created that I have posted here on the opening of my blog, and in searching for examples of different forms of art on the Internet, I decided to create this blog about the art form that is the most challenging for me. It is GLITCH ART. Glitch is an art form that was created essentially by accident I have learned. It was stumbled on by artists working with an image and through technological issues were distorted from the "glitch" that occurred. In this mishap the artists discovered that they were not left with faulty art, but masterpieces of beautiful art at least in their eyes, and after all isn't the beauty of a piece of art in the eyes of the artist? It is said that this form of art, is in the latest of a new art that some find a struggle to appreciate, yet others find genius, and then there are some of us who see that the artist is the creator of the interpretation of any piece of art he wants to express and although we as the viewer may not see the beauty right away, if we investigate just a bit and open our eyes to the possibilities the artist is trying to show us, we just might begin to see what he is trying to share with us all, the beauty he sees . This third category would be where I fall. I was enlightened to Glitch Art just a short time ago and at first I had no idea what was being expressed by this form of art. It was as if I couldn't begin to see what the artists were trying to say with their images of distortion.....but as I was looking at an example that a girl in my art classes shared I began to see, oh my goodness, this is kind of amazing! It wasn't until this example that I could see how Glitch Art could open our eyes and not only make us visually pleased but mentally. The image that opened my eyes was an image of a bride and a groom who were standing outside in a beautifully colored background that I could only imagine was the sky and the light that it displayed. Ingeniously enough the art student had distorted not only the entire image, but she had distorted the majority of the faces of the couple engaged in a tender moment, leaving me with a million ideas of what their faces were saying to each other during this moment in their lives, to me this made the image absolutely mysterious and magical... so for the first time I began to see what I could only assume the student was trying to display to her viewers in distorting this image. I felt it was genius!
So I knew I wanted to created this blog about an art form I had been studying and right then, with that example, I felt this was it...So enjoy these displays of images of what I find to be inspiring and beautiful Glitch Art.! Also I have added a few non glitched art images of Vector and ASCII just because I found them interesting...hope you do too!
Please feel free to follow my blog (; ))) helps me gain extra points in my Digital Art class) and leave comments and ideas of where to find images of Glitch that you are completely inspired by !
No comments:
Post a Comment